Sufi Amin gives a Secret for Self-Realization

My Sufi Teacher Amin once told me he entered the state of Self-Realization while repeating the mantra Tat Tvam Asi, Tat Tvam Asi, Tat Tvam Asi, meaning "That Thou Art, Thou Art All Things".
 
He said he was sitting on a part bench one day overlooking Lake Erie, repeating this Mantra over and over - all of a sudden the great reality of this Mantra - "That Thou Art, Thou are all things" - pulled him into its reality and realization.
 
Then he said that once you have had the realization of a Mantra its yours to keep, nothing can take it away from you.
 
He was very fond of the repeating what is called the Sacred Vakya Vrittis, intended to give direct perception of God: Aham Brahmasmi (I am Brahman), Tat Tvam Asi (That Am I), and in which he also included Shivoham (I am Shiva).  
 
He said these were all great Mantras of Self-Realization and so they are!

Popular posts from this blog

Enlightenment