In Honor of Our beloved Spiritual Elder Murshida Mother Mary Inayat Rhodes

Riding the energy of the August Full Moon and the Solar tides that usher in the fullness of Autumn, our beloved Elder and Teacher Murshida Mary Inayat Rhodes completed her work and terrestrial journey for this cycle of her embodiment.  Around August 30, 2012, this beautiful cosmic soul, dearly beloved by God and the Masters, Saints and Prophets, while sitting in her chair in her apartment was given the command and call to return home to her divine beloved, and so consciously, masterfully, she transcended from her body and was elevated into the illuminated spheres of light.  Upon her crossing she was immediately welcomed with open hearts by her beloved teachers and other great illuminated souls, among them Anne Nichols, Sufi Amin Macko, Shamsher Beorse and also Mary Magdalina, Hazrat Pir-O-Murshid Inayat Khan.

You know that for Mary, this is another exciting journey, but for us it is a huge loss of a beloved friend and loving spiritual guide and teacher.  I know she regrets not being able to say goodbye and explain this new and exciting journey to us but her transcendence is the way she would have wanted it, simple and without fuss.

Know that Mary Inayat has not left us, she lives within us, and as any saint she will come if called, and even sometimes when we don’t call her she will still come when we need her.

You can wish her well on this new journey by simply turning within and feeling her presence and she will be there.  Please do not grieve too much or try to call her back for this creates a cloud around the departing soul, but instead wish her well with all your heart and send her love and feel her love and light in return. Truly, for the departing soul this is a time of great joy and freedom!

On the inner planes Murshida Mary Inayat’s being is no longer contained - imagine how great she is now, free of the limitations of the body and united in unfettered spirit with God and the saints.  Oh how we will miss her hugs, her voice, her talks and her ever joyful, optimistic and stable presence in our lives, in our gatherings and at our retreats.  BUT, I can clearly hear her saying: “do not be upset or grieve but rejoice for I am free!  I love you all so much and I will always be with you - to find me, simply close your eyes and think of me and I will be there.”

 

Mary lived this prayer every single day!

Let Thy wish become my desire,
Let Thy will become my deed,
Let Thy word become my speech, Beloved,
And Thy love become my creed.
Let my plant bring forth Thy flowers,
Let my fruits produce Thy seed,
Let my heart become Thy lute, Beloved,
And my body Thy flute of reed.

from Gayan, Vadan, Nirtan of Hazrat Inayat Khan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enlightenment