Actualizaing our Divine Purpose in Life


Our purpose in life is not destiny; how it manifests is not preordained or determined. Thus the manifestation of our purpose in life can take a million forms.

It is  the things we feel happy or fulfilled doing, or that we have a talent for doing, that hint to us of our purpose and divine expression in life. 

Consider an example...
Let's say that if I find I just love to polish things: brass, cars, furniture, silver; I love to see things clean up and shine.  For example, I feel very fulfilled after I give my car a good polish!

How can this simple activity be my purpose in life!  Well, most likely its not but somehow it is linked to your essential divine qualities and purpose.  What is polishing? Purification.  What is the shine? Radiance. What attracts me to purification and radiance?  Is it to bring light to dirty places in the world? Would that be fulfilling to me? How could I test this more fully?

You see, you must question yourself, ask yourself questions over and over: how is does this activity point me toward my purpose in life, what is my purpose in life?

It is said that asking a question is a key that will open the door to the answer.

Another example... let's say you have a great talent as a lawyer.  In fact you have become rich and made it into the top 10 in the world of lawyers. But oddly, this achievement does not really make you feel fulfilled or joyful. Why?  Then you discover by accident that it is only when you start to use your fame and money to help promote world peace that you start to feel that sense of 'rightness' and fulfillment in your life.  Hum, what's going on here?

There is a word of power, a mantra, that can help us uncover and express our purpose in life. Of course how we choose to express or manifest that purpose or the divine qualities behind it, is completely up to us.  One thing is for sure - we must act, it will not be done for us, however this mantra will help with both.

Ya Fatah (faat-TAAH') - Ya Hadi (haa-DEE)

Ya Fatah clears away obstacles and opens the path of your life for success (p.45). Ya Hadi is for when one is ready to actualize insights and to walk ones purpose in life (p74). from Physicians of the Heart; Meyer, Hyde, Muqaddam, Khan (2012).

Popular posts from this blog

Enlightenment